Communications Manager (internal and External)
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamStaff
The Communications Manager is responsible for the group's external and internal communications. The Communication Manager coordinates the PR activities and directs a PR agency. The goal of PR is to build relationships with journalists working in relevant business and tech media with the aim of increasing the chances of Broad Horizon Group news being positively received and posted as a unique article.
The Communication Manager also coordinates the process of writing and distributing press releases (in Dutch and English) by the PR agency. The agency (BHG or from one of our company in NL) also provides pitches of articles and interviews to relevant media. In addition, the Communication Manager should think about what is going on in the press and market and position BH on those themes so that we become a thought leader on certain current themes. The success of this thought leadership strategy and the efforts of the PR agency is determined by the number of articles in A-tier publications and the share-of-voice of the Broad Horizon brands.
The Communication Manager also develops a social media strategy based on relevant follower growth and follower engagement. In terms of internal communication, it is the task of the Communication Manager to set up an ambassador program to increase the social engagement of employees (= posting on social media of employees about their work) and the boardroom.
The Communications Manager also provides internal updates from the CEO, updates on deals won and updates on other major projects. The Communications Manager also supports HR in conducting employee satisfaction surveys. The Communications Manager also ensures that the Broad Horizon sharepoint is seen and used as a central point of information among the employees and that they also post more themselves.
The Communication Manager is supported in all this by a PR agency for writing and distributing press releases and an external Copywriter for writing texts. Work with HR, Commercial and Marketing to develop a communication platform across all businesses for BH Academies, training, best practices, product information, carrier development Also assisting some of our businesses to get their messages across (best practice)
- Responsible for coordinating the PR agency to achieve thought leadership goals, write, translate and distribute press releases and pitch articles to the media
- Spot relevant thought leadership themes in the media and the press so that Broad Horizon can be positioned on these themes;• Develops a social media strategy with the aim of increasing social media followers and engagement
- Coordinates posting and responding to these social media accounts with an external party;
- Provides email communication to customers in case of acquisitions, updates to the customer portal and critical disruption of the service (downtime);
- Responsible for an ambassador program with the aim to increase the LinkedIn engagement and use of the employees;
- Provides internal communication to employees from the CEO and writes sales/deal updates within the company;
- Responsible for the content on the Broad Horizon sharepoint, for the distribution of the sharepoint articles among the employees and the promotion of the sharepoint among the employees;
- Provides the onboarding and management of the PR agency and the external copywriter, defines the success metrics of the external parties and ensures that these remain within budget.
- Has a portfolio of published articles in the Dutch business and IT media based on: a press release or pitch;
- Has a network of relevant journalists in the Dutch business and IT media;
- Has demonstrable experience in coordinating PR agencies and freelancers;
- Has experience in doing PR for different brands with different writing styles, topics and audiences;
- Experience with coordinating social media accounts (LinkedIn, Instagram is a plus) and promoting employee engagement on social media;
- Experience in drawing up internal communication programs with the aim of involving employees in the company and informing them about certain matters;
- Experience in managing and further developing an intranet so that employees have a place where they can inform themselves about the latest news;• Experience in collaborating with HR for employee engagement is a plus;
- You have WO work and/or thinking level;
- You not only speak Dutch and English well, but you also write well.
- Branded search volume
- Articles in A-tier publications in the Netherlands
- Employee satisfaction with the intranet
- Employee retention